[mapserver-users] Mapserver: set symbol on lines according to line features length

wiltomap wiltoma at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:33:48 PST 2015

I need to display arrows alongside to line features. Lines represent water
pipes. The issue I'm facing is that lines are a concatenation of numerous
line features of various lengths. Therefore, symbols are attached to every
line, whatever its length. This makes symbols either overlaying or touching
eachother (as in example below).

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5239136/wpp.png>

Inside my mapfile, I define the display rules of my symbols in the STYLE
element:

    STYLE
        SYMBOL "wp_arrow"
        GAP -100
        COLOR 255 0 0
        OFFSET -5 -99
        SIZE 6
    END

I would like these rules to apply only to line features being more than 10
meters long (or x map units).

Thanks in advance for help or any advice!

Thomas