[mapserver-users] COMPOSITE opacity

Moretti Edmar edmar.moretti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 18:17:35 PDT 2015

Hi Thomas.

Unfortunately I can not compile MapServer. I use versions available for
Ubuntu 15-10. I develop software called i3Geo, which is based on MapServer
and PHP-MapScript and many people use the available versions with "apt-get
install ..." to prepare the web server.
The solution I found was to use OPACITY for classes instead of layers, but
it is not a good solution.

Another problem: when I use cgi-bin/mapserv and COMPOSITE OPACITY
everything works, but only for OPACITY, other filters do not work.

I tested with this mapfile (cgi-bin/mapserv?map=...&mode=map ):

MAP
FONTSET "/var/www/i3geo/symbols/fontes.txt"
SYMBOLSET "/var/www/i3geo/symbols/simbolosv7.sym"
SHAPEPATH "/var/www/geodados"
IMAGECOLOR 104 171 195
MAXSIZE 4096
IMAGETYPE AGG_Q
#Brasil
EXTENT -76.5125927 -39.3925675209 -29.5851853 9.49014852081
SIZE 480 500
STATUS ON
UNITS DD
NAME "GERAL"
DEBUG OFF
OUTPUTFORMAT
NAME 'AGG_Q'
DRIVER AGG/PNG
IMAGEMODE RGB
FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_DITHER=OFF"
FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"
END
PROJECTION
"+proj=longlat +ellps=GRS67 +no_defs"
END
WEB
#edite o caminho se a aplicacao for movida de lugar
IMAGEPATH "/tmp/ms_tmp/"
IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
TEMPLATE ""
END
LAYER
DATA "/var/www/i3geo/aplicmap/dados/mundo"
NAME "mundo"
STATUS DEFAULT
TYPE POLYGON
CLASS
NAME ""
STYLE
COLOR 230 230 230
OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
END
END
END
LAYER
DATA "/var/www/i3geo/aplicmap/dados/estados"
NAME "estados"
STATUS DEFAULT
TRANSPARENCY 100
TYPE POLYGON
COMPOSITE
OPACITY 50
END
CLASS
NAME " "
STYLE
COLOR 232 220 201
MAXSIZE 100
MINSIZE 1
SIZE 1
SYMBOL 0
END
END
END
END

My configuration of MapServer is:

MapServer version 7.0.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=SVG_SYMBOLS
SUPPORTS=RSVG SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS
SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE