[mapserver-users] Question about gml_types - auto and WFS

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Oct 28 08:40:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

I can read from http://mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html:

gml_types (Optional)
If this field is "auto" then some input feature drivers (ie. OGR, POSTGIS, ORACLESPATIAL and native shapefiles) will automatically populate the type, width and precision metadata for the layer based on the source file. Currently this is only used for OGR based output formats, not the WFS GML2/GML3 output.

What does "Currently this is only used for OGR based output formats, not the WFS GML2/GML3 output" mean? I can see that the GML schema is changing when I add "gml_types" "auto" to the mapfile. So what does not work with GML2/GML3 output?

-Jukka Rahkonen-