[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo request for multiple times on tileindex raster layer

Michael Billmire mgbillmi at mtu.edu
Fri Aug 5 07:06:50 PDT 2016

Thanks for the response, Ben.

What would be the result of an *getmap*-Request

Yes, good point- it appears that if two discrete dates are requested via
GetMap, the result is a merged image (w/ the most recent date getting
precedence):

http://spatial.mtri.org/cgi-bin/mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&
VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&map=watersensing_map&LAYERS=
chl_erie&time=2015-09-24,2016-05-23&height=512&width=512&
format=image/png&sld=http://spatial.mtri.org/waterremotesensing/SLDs/chl_
erie.xml&srs=EPSG:4326&bbox=-83.55,39.45,-78.45,44.55&opacity=1

It's hard to tell in the above URL, but if you toggle between a two-date
and one-date request, you can tell that the two-date request has the maps
layered (w/ the map for the most recent date on top).  So it's probably a
good guess that the same logic is applying in the GFI requests.

I'll take a look at the source code to see if there might be a way to
override this logic. To anyone here who is already familiar with the source
code: I welcome any tips about where to look and whether or not my quest
may be futile unless I want to break everything.

michael.billmire at mtu.edu
work: 734.913.6853
cell: 513.739.0686
fax: 734.913.6880