[mapserver-users] [SOLVED] Re: Filtering NULL values from Postgis Layer in Mapserver 7

deduikertjes DeDuikertjes at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 21 03:07:16 PDT 2016

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote
>> It still would be very nice to have an option to ignore empty fields/
>> NULL
>> values/ missing values like -9999 with a single config option. Shall I
>> file
>> a feature request for that?
>
> How would such a feature be different than FILTER or the native_filter
> PROCESSING option? Just trying to understand what convenience we might be
> able to introduce. --Steve

Steve,

I see you point. With the FILTER or native_filter PROCESSING option and
careful management of the FILTER expression one can achieve a proper
filtering of missing values.

On the other hand it would be very convenient (imo) to have a setting on
LAYER level (or even one at MAP level which can be overridden on LAYER
level) like:
   MISSING_VALUE [string]
where [string] then can be "EMPTY" "NULL" "-9999" or whatever.
The desired behaviour would then be that every expression where the
MISSING_VALUE appears is always evaluated as false.

MArco