[mapserver-users] running out of colors in PC256 output

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 18:43:34 PST 2016

I'm running into more or less the same problem described in this 12 year
old ticket:
  https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/397
In my case black truetype font labels will be rendered in dark green or
similar when there are a lot of colors in accompanying vector layers with
anit-aliasing or opacity. I think the 256 color palette gets used up before
the labels are rendered.

I don't want to go to full RGB output because the image sizes are so much
larger. If I put a black feature into one of the layers it seems to add it
to the palette and then the black labels are render correctly in black. But
that seems pretty kludgy.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

--