[mapserver-users] NAME, TITLE, ABSTRACT in nested groups

Horn, Sören Soeren.Horn at geobasis-bb.de
Mon Jan 18 00:57:35 PST 2016

Hey,

I would like to use nested groups with mapserver.

As the documentery offers, I use "wms_layer_group" in METADATA block instead of GROUP.

My hierachy:

root

  + subgroup1

     +--- subgroup1.1

       +--- layer 1

       +--- layer 2

     +--- subgroup1.2

       +--- layer 3

       +--- layer 4

  + subgroup2

  + subgroup3

Code-Snippet:

MAP

  NAME root

  WEB

    METADATA

      "wms_rootlayer_title" "someTitle"

      "wms_rootlayer_abstract" "someAbstract"

      ..

    END

  END

    ..

  LAYER

    METADATA

  "wms_title" "Title Layer1"

  "WMS_LAYER_GROUP" "/subgroup1/subgroup1.1"

END

NAME layer1

..

  END

  LAYER

METADATA

      "wms_title" "Title Layer2"

  "WMS_LAYER_GROUP" "/subgroup1/subgroup1.1"

END

NAME layer2

..

  END

  LAYER

METADATA

  "wms_title" "Title Layer3"

  "WMS_LAYER_GROUP" "/subgroup1/subgroup1.2"

END

    NAME layer3

..

  END

  LAYER

    METADATA

  "wms_title" "Title Layer4"

  "WMS_LAYER_GROUP" "/subgroup1/subgroup1.2"

END

    NAME layer4

..

  END

..

END

I'm importing the wms service in Qgis and the hierarchy level works as I expected. But the getCapabilities do not work properly.

I would like to add the NAME, TITLE and ABSTRACT Tag for every group (subgroup1, subgroup1.1 and subgroup1.2).

The Capabilities file filled automatically the TITLE (not the NAME) tag with the given Names in the Mapfile (subgroup1, subgroup1.1 and subgroup1.2 | see annex-file)

Is it possible to add the NAME, TITLE and ABSTRACT Tag for every subgroup ?

Regards,

Sören Horn

Landesvermessung und Geobasisinformation Brandenburg
Dezernat 43 - GDI, Kontaktstelle, INSPIRE-Zentrale
Herr Sören Horn
Heinrich-Mann-Allee 103 - Haus 19, 14473 Potsdam

Mail: soeren.horn at geobasis-bb.de<mailto:soeren.horn at geobasis-bb.de>
Tel.: (03 31) 88 44 - 247
http://www.geobasis-bb.de<http://www.geobasis-bb.de/>