[mapserver-users] Python MapScript via WSGI examples

Kralidis, Tom (EC) tom.kralidis at canada.ca
Wed Jul 13 09:55:07 PDT 2016

Hi all: we are looking into updating our Python MapScript (CGI-based) wrappers
to leverage WSGI, and are having integration issues as part of testing.

We are using 6.4.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.  See example in [1] (against
any mapfile is fine).  Simple run with python ./mapscript-wsgi.py which makes
the server available on localhost:8000 by default.

Issues:

- the value in https://gist.github.com/tomkralidis/9adbd4864c03647aa7eb4f96a3c33297#file-mapscript-wsgi-py-L18 ends up being a Python None type for some reason when it should be a string of the content-type
- issuing a, say, WMS 1.3.0 GetCapabilities request yields the venerable MapServer "This script can ...." default message, when I am expecting Capabilities XML

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

..Tom

[1] https://gist.github.com/tomkralidis/9adbd4864c03647aa7eb4f96a3c33297