[mapserver-users] Blank tiles

Vogt, Robert (RCIS) Robert.Vogt at rcis.com
Thu Jul 14 11:51:32 PDT 2016

Hey everyone, I'm using OL3 with mapserver...the problem I'm having is that MapServer seems to be running fine,
I have a .map file say for "States" like this...

MAP
  IMAGETYPE      PNG24
  CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "C:/Program Files/MapServer/projlib/"
  EXTENT         -180 -90 180 90
  SIZE           256 256
  FONTSET "E:/RCIS/Web/MapServerDlls/content/fontset.txt"
  IMAGECOLOR     255 255 255
  TRANSPARENT ON
  PROJECTION
     AUTO
  END
                LAYER
                                GROUP "Base"
                                NAME "States"
                                TYPE POLYGON
                                STATUS ON
                                LABELCACHE ON
                                PROCESSING 'LABEL_NO_CLIP=1'
                                CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
                                PLUGIN "msplugin_mssql2008.dll"
                                CONNECTION "server=stbisqlr3.dvcorp.rcis.com,5208;uid=Mapping01D;pwd=9GreenSnap#4D;Initial Catalog=NATIONALDB;Integrated Security=False"
                                DATA "shape(geography),ST_NAME_MC from NATIONALDB.sde.STATES USING INDEX STATES_SIDX USING UNIQUE STATES_ID USING SRID=4269"
                                LABELITEM    "ST_NAME_MC"
                                CLASS
                                                STYLE
                                                 OUTLINECOLOR 000 153 000
                                                WIDTH 3
                                                END
                                                LABEL
                                                                COLOR 000 153 000
                                                                TYPE TRUETYPE
                                                                FONT Arial
                                                                SIZE 12
                                                                ANTIALIAS FALSE
                                                                POSITION AUTO
                                                                PARTIALS FALSE
                                                                MINDISTANCE 2000
                                                                MINSCALEDENOM 20.00
                                                END
                                END
                PROJECTION
                                 AUTO
                END
                END
END

And I build my map like so in OL3...

control.map = new ol.Map({
            target: 'map',
            renderer: 'canvas',
            layers: [],
                projection: 'EPSG:4326',
                center: [0, 0],
                zoom: 12
            })
        });

Create a vector layer that determines the extent, creates the view, and shows vector objects...which works!!

vectorObjs.promise.then(function () {
            //Create empty extent
            var extent = ol.extent.createEmpty();
            //Loop through vector layers to add them to map and determine extent

            var totalExtent = ol.extent;

            angular.forEach(webMapValues.vectorFieldLayer, function (Field, key) {

                control.map.addLayer(Field);
                extent = Field.getSource().getExtent();
                totalExtent = ol.extent.extend(extent, totalExtent);
            })

            control.map.getView().fit(totalExtent, control.map.getSize());

            var view = new ol.View({
                center: control.map.getView().getCenter(),
                zoom: 8,
                minZoom: 1,
                maxZoom: 19

            });
            control.map.view = view;

Then I try to add the states layer to the map and everything seems like it's working but I don't see any state tiles?

var States = new ol.layer.Tile({
                name: 'States',
                extent: totalExtent,
                source: new ol.source.TileWMS({
                   url: 'http://dvfmweb2:80/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=E:/RCIS/Web/Mapfiles/MappingBase.map&',
                    params: { 'LAYERS': 'States', 'BBOX': totalExtent, 'TILED': true }

                })
            });

            control.map.addLayer(States);

When I execute the call I see several line items in Chrome dev tools indicating state tiles i.e.

http://dvfmweb2/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=E:/RCIS/Web/Mapfiles/MappingState.map&&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetMap&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&TRANSPARENT=true&LAYERS=States&BBOX=47.318115234375%2C-109.423828125%2C47.3291015625%2C-109.412841796875&TILED=true&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256&CRS=EPSG%3A4326&STYLES

However I just see white?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I've been banging my head on this too long!!

-Bob