[mapserver-users] mapserver vrt et mapfile : file not found or unsupported format

Leehan mathias.cunault at inrap.fr
Tue Jul 26 23:40:02 PDT 2016

Hello,
I try to create a mapfile with data in a csv file. I have failed to draw the
layer with a Virtual Format and a OGR connectiontype directly in the
mapfile. So I have decided to store the connection in a different file like
here
http://mapserver.org/input/vector/VirtualSpatialData.html#steps-for-display
mapfile :

LAYER
CONNECTION "basol_auv.ovf"
CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
DATA "test"
METADATA
    "wms-srs" "2154"
    "wms-title" "test"
END
NAME "pollution"
TYPE POINT
CLASS
    NAME "pollution"
    STYLE
        SYMBOL "pollution"
        SIZE 10
    END #----fin style
  END #-----fin class
END #-----fin layer sols pollués

basol_auv.ovf :

<OGRVRTDataSource>
   <OGRVRTLayer  name='test'>
    <SrcDataSource
relativeToVRT="0">C:\OSGeo4W\Apache\htdocs\data\test.csv</SrcDataSource>
    <SrcLayer>test</SrcLayer>
    <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
    <GeometryField encoding='PointFromColumns' x='A' y='B'/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
I have a new error message :

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'pollution'.
msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection in layer
`pollution'. File not found or unsupported format.

I dont'know what to do to verify if it is a matter of path or format.
ogrinfo command gives the correct answer : ogrinfo basol_auv.ovf test