[mapserver-users] Data grouping

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Wed Jun 15 09:08:52 PDT 2016

Hello list.
I have a shapefile with a road network and one of its fields is the name of the district that a road belongs to. So I'm looking for a way to draw all the roads and over a specific district use the value of the field "District" to label the area. So I was thinking of the following approach:  use two different layers (or as many as the districts are) of the same GROUP, with the same data (road network) and different CLASSITEM object and no STYLE parameters (so the network can be drawn only once). This can lead to many layers though and it might reduce the response time of the service. So my question is, is this the optimal approach ?
Many thanks
-Stefanos