[mapserver-users] Rendering of adjacent dashed lines

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 08:27:01 PDT 2016

As others have suggested, you need to "preprocess your data to merge
adjacent lines into one". This can be done with topology. PostGIS has
topology support. You would have to convert (and maintain) your simple
features polygons as a PostGIS topology and then render them as lines (not
polygons) in MapServer. There is also TopoJSON but I have not used it. I
think it provides client-side support for topology, which is not exactly
what you are asking about, but might be worth a look.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com