[mapserver-users] MapServer Tile Indexes

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jun 21 04:13:11 PDT 2016

Hello,

MapServer should definitely be able to handle your dataset, it is not large.

If I was in your shoes, here is what I would do:

- try to see more debug information (follow the steps and examples in
http://www.mapserver.org/optimization/debugging.html)
   -- set in your mapfile: CONFIG "CPL_DEBUG" "ON"
   -- shp2img -m my.map -o test.png -all_debug 5
   -- mapserv -nh "QUERY_STRING=map=c:/ms4w/apps/my.map&mode=map"

- it does sound like you have a faulty GRID file.  Start from your
single working tileindex, then add in maybe 5 more rasters into your
index and retry; if it works, add in another 5 etc.

Sometimes the best way to solve this is the hard way.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/