[mapserver-users] Fwd: MS4W version 4.0.0 pre-release 'alpha' available

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Mon Jun 27 18:16:09 PDT 2016

On 06/27/2016 01:41 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Forwarding to the MapServer community, to get feedback and testing with PHP 7.  Thanks.  -jeff

Forgive my dumbness.  But.  Whats the point of PHP if PHPMapScript doesnt work?

Even if it did work, what's the point when 90% of the time spent is inside mapserver, of which 50% of that time is spent reading .shp/PostGIS/.tiff/etc.

I'm all for PHP 7, please don't misunderstand, but this:

> PHP 7 is of course a big improvement (and I've invested almost 2 months

Makes it sound like my gis hosting is going to be 3x faster.  But its not.  Right?

-Andy