[mapserver-users] Tinyows exchange coords when POST request.

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 23:33:46 PDT 2016

Hi,
I'm evaluting some wfs softwares to start a wfs transactionally with
writable capabilities.

After some test sessions using geoserver.

I start to test the tinyows and notice a strange question about the
reversing of axis.

I send some email and exchange opinion with Olivier and Jukka.
After this I stopthe testing because need to do another urgetn work.
Now I need to restart the question of what wfs use for our service.

So I restart on tinyows and try to understand better the question of
reversing axis.

So I notice that the tinyows will return the list of srs in URN format
in the getcapabilities.
This a very complicated question because the clients will return the
values listesd in the capabilities.
And if the capabilities report always a reversed format, the result
will be ALWAYS in reversed format.
:(

I notice infact that when call for a getcapabilities from a tinyows.

http://www502.regione.toscana.it/wfsvector/com.rt.wfs.RTmap/wfs?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=GetCapabilities

It return always the srs of the layers always using the urn notation:

<DefaultSRS>urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3003</DefaultSRS><OtherSRS>urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::25832</OtherSRS><OtherSRS>urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326</OtherSRS><OtherSRS>urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3857</OtherSRS><OtherSRS>urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::6707</OtherSRS>

And this mean that the client will send a request using the same notation.
But these mean also , as reported me from Olivier, thattinyows will
return always the axis reversed.

This is a sample of a call with a correct axis order:
http://www502.regione.toscana.it/wfsvector/com.rt.wfs.RTmap/wfs?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typename=sita:idstradertline&maxfeatures=1&srsName=EPSG:3003

http://www502.regione.toscana.it/wfsvector/com.rt.wfs.RTmap/wfs?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typename=sita:idstradertline&maxfeatures=1&srsName=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3003

So I need to understand of the reversing axis in tinyows is a bug
patchable or a standardized response.
And also I need to understand if is right that the getcapabilites will
return the srs list always in URN format .

Any hint on this ?

Thx.

A.