[mapserver-users] RE Mapfile, EXPRESSION for CLASS >> NAME

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Wed Mar 30 08:32:34 PDT 2016

Perhaps you can use CLASS TITLE instead of NAME

"Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)" <bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us>@lists.osgeo.org
Envoyé par : "mapserver-users" <mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org>
2016-03-25 16:44

"mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org" <mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>
cc

Objet
[mapserver-users] Mapfile, EXPRESSION for CLASS >> NAME

All,

I think I?m trying to be too clever . . .

I have this MAPFILE chunk:

CLASS
COLOR 0 255 0
OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
      SIZE 10
      SYMBOL 'circle'
NAME '[FOLDERTYPE]'
TEXT '[FOLDERTYPE]'
      LABEL
        FORCE TRUE
        COLOR 255 255 0
        OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
        POSITION ur
TYPE TRUETYPE
FONT 'arial-bold'
SIZE 11
      END
    END

and I?m trying to use an Expression for the Label in the Legend graphic.
The FOLDERTYPE and is the two later code for map labels, while the
FOLDERDESC is the long pretty name for the Legend.

Question, is it possible??  Ideas??  Before you say a separate class for
each one, there are 120 FOLDERTYPEs in all, that would be a big, and hard
to maintain Mapfile.

thanks

bobb