[mapserver-users] mapserver basemap

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Fri May 20 07:05:31 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I would like to insert a modern basemap on a running mapserver project.
Currently I set a mapfile including about 15 layers and a raster tif file representing
the hillshade of the study area, as basemap.
My aim is to substitute the running base map with something more dynamic as well as
with higher resolution and at the same time not heavy to slow down the service.
These basemap aspects are new for me, I found documentation but not so clear for me,
I need something easy. What can you suggest me? Is it an hard stuff? or can I handle it?
I think I could have at least 2 possibilities: to insert a WMS global layer, (and in case can you suggest me
a nice service?), or set up something like tiles service (like OSM), in case how??

Thank you in advance,

E.