[mapserver-users] WFS output for WMS GetFeatureInfo request

Geo-6 support at geo6.be
Thu May 26 06:24:28 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling for WMS GetFeatureInfo from my OpenLayers application on
a Mapserver WMS service (hosted by myself).

My goal is to do :

1. a GetCapabilities to know which layers are in my WMS Service (there
are layer group);

2. a GetFeatureInfo when I click on the map to know which objects are
located where I click;

When I do a GetFeatureInfo, it works well with the GML output but I
can't get layer name in OpenLayers using
ol.format.WMSGetFeatureInfo().readFeatures(). (I contact OL mailing list
to know if it is possible).

So I think about another solution : to use the feature id WFS style
("layername"."objectid").

Is it possible in the MapFile to set this feature id with GML output ?

Or is it possible to return a WFS output for a WMS GetFeatureInfo
request ?

And how do I do i ?

Thanks for your help or any tips.

Have a great day.