[mapserver-users] PostGIS date queries performance issues

Eichner, Andreas - SID Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Fri Nov 18 03:00:54 PST 2016

Besides comparing the execution plans for both query versions, you could try:
1. omit the outer ORDER BY clause (not present in MS6 and the inner one is not relevant for the result, so might be optimized away by the planner)
2. try the MS7 SQL without the superfluous st_intersects() part (it might not use the spatial index in the same way as the "&&" operator)
3. replace the time comparision part with the MS6 BETWEEN construct
4. try all at once and/or combinations of them

At least one should help you identify the cause. If you've found it post it here so that one could search the generating code.

HTH