[mapserver-users] Mapcache support for multiple format types

tellett thomas.ellett at statkart.no
Tue Nov 22 03:19:39 PST 2016

Hi Thomas,

Really, its just so that we don't need to have 2 separate layers in the
service for each format type. The norwegian mapping authority has about 25
cache 'services' and so its a bit messy in the config and WMTS capabilities
file if we have to have 50 tilesets instead of 25.

Its no problem technically having 2 tilesets called 'topo2_png' and
'topo2_jpeg' for example (they would have the same title and abstract), it
just would have been preferable for us to have 1 layer support multiple
formats so that the client could call the same service/layer/tileset and
choose the format type through the kvp parameter. Not a show-stopper for us,
we just have to change our way of thinking :)

Tom