[mapserver-users] ogrinfo not recognized

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Oct 31 13:12:40 PDT 2016

Hi,

How did you install Mapserver then? From OSGeo4W, from the gisinternals binaries, or by compiling by yourself? In any case it if not enough to locale the ogrinfo.exe but you must set the environment so that all the dependencies are found. You can use the setenv.bat from MS4W as an example:

@ECHO OFF
REM Execute this file before running the GDAL, MapServer, and other commandline utilities.
REM After executing this file you should be able
REM to run the utilities from any commandline location.
set PATH=C:\ms4w;C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin;C:\ms4w\tools\gdal-ogr;C:\ms4w\tools\mapserv;C:\ms4w\tools\shapelib;C:\ms4w\proj\bin;C:\ms4w\tools\shp2tile;C:\ms4w\tools\shpdiff;C:\ms4w\tools\avce00;C:\ms4w\python\gdal;C:\ms4w\tools\php;C:\ms4w\tools\mapcache;C:\ms4w\tools\berkeley-db;C:\ms4w\tools\sqlite;C:\ms4w\tools\spatialite;C:\ms4w\tools\unixutils;C:\ms4w\tools\openssl;%PATH%
echo GDAL, mapserv, and commandline MS4W tools path set
set GDAL_DATA=C:\ms4w\gdaldata
set GDAL_DRIVER_PATH=C:\ms4w\gdalplugins
set PROJ_LIB=C:\ms4w\proj\nad
set CURL_CA_BUNDLE=C:\ms4w\Apache\conf\ca-bundle\cacert.pem
:ALL_DONE

-Jukka Rahkonen-