[mapserver-users] CONGIG MS_ERRORFILE ownership

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Thu Apr 13 10:26:51 PDT 2017

Hello list,   I noticed that when I set the   CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/home/stefanos/mapdata/log_file.log"   it is saved with ownership to www-data for both user and group. Well this seems to cause problem for Python mapscript (at least at my machine with Python version 2.7 - Python 3 is not able to import mapscript at all).  I'm using Spyder as an environment and it gives me the following message
MapServerError: msSetErrorFile(): General error message. Failed to open MS_ERRORFILE /home/stefanos/mapdata/log_file.log
mapserv -v
MapServer version 7.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=XMP SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
Is there any way to solve this issue ?