[mapserver-users] Road shields on Mapserver 7

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Thu Feb 23 09:32:00 PST 2017

Hello,

I am having trouble adding road shields to my map.  The label (and for that matter the entire class) quits drawing as soon as I uncomment the STYLE block under label.  Please let me know What I can do to add road shields to my roads layer.

CLASS
NAME "U.S. Highway"
EXPRESSION "A10"
STYLE
WIDTH 5
COLOR 0 0 0
END #STYLE
STYLE
WIDTH 3
                                COLOR 227 159 2
                END #STYLE
                LABEL
TEXT '[ROADNUM]'
                                SIZE 10 #for AGG
                                FONT vera_sans  #for AGG
                                MINFEATURESIZE 25
                                MINDISTANCE 200
#STYLE   ###  Mapserver quits drawing this layer as soon as I uncomment this block
                                                #SYMBOL './symbols/USHWY.png'
                                #END STYLE
                END #label
END #class

P.S.  Eventually I will want to display both the road number shield and the road name as well.

Thank You
Sincerely,
Mark Volz, GISP