[mapserver-users] Road shields on Mapserver 7

Brent Fraser bfraser at GeoAnalytic.com
Thu Feb 23 11:39:00 PST 2017

I don't think you can put a STYLE inside a LABEL.  You could put it after
the LABEL...

 From: "Mark Volz" <MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us>
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:32 PM
To: "bfraser at GeoAnalytic.com" <bfraser at GeoAnalytic.com>,
"mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org" <mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: RE: [mapserver-users] Road shields on Mapserver 7

Brent,

I am using Mapserver 7.0.4.

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP

From: Brent Fraser [mailto:bfraser at GeoAnalytic.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:17 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org; Mark Volz <MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us>

version of Mapserver?

From: "Mark Volz" <MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us>
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:50 AM
To: "mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org" <mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [mapserver-users] Road shields on Mapserver 7

Hello,

I am having trouble adding road shields to my map.  The label (and for that
matter the entire class) quits drawing as soon as I uncomment the STYLE
block under label.  Please let me know What I can do to add road shields to
my roads layer.

CLASS

NAME "U.S. Highway"

EXPRESSION "A10"

STYLE

WIDTH 5

COLOR 0 0 0

END #STYLE

STYLE

WIDTH 3

                                COLOR 227 159 2

                END #STYLE

                LABEL

TEXT '[ROADNUM]'

                                SIZE 10 #for AGG

                                FONT vera_sans  #for AGG

                                MINFEATURESIZE 25

                                MINDISTANCE 200

#STYLE   ###  Mapserver quits drawing this layer as soon as I uncomment
this block

                                                #SYMBOL
'./symbols/USHWY.png'

                                #END STYLE

                END #label

END #class

P.S.  Eventually I will want to display both the road number shield and the
road name as well.

Thank You

Sincerely,

Mark Volz, GISP