[mapserver-users] Road shields on Mapserver 7

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Feb 27 07:54:22 PST 2017

All,

You can do the Legend the way you want by just setting up a dummy layer specifically for scaling and styling the Legends.

Turn off the NAME value in the “draw” (real) layer, and turn it on in the dummy layer just for displaying the Legend.  You can then scale the Sheilds in the Legends separately from the Linework in the map output.

There’s probably some negligible overhead to this route of course, you should do some speed testing for large images in particular.

bobb