[mapserver-users] Issue with label offset

Björn Danielsson bjorn.danielsson at falubo.se
Tue Feb 28 07:21:11 PST 2017

We are using different mapfiles for different users and sometimes over the
same geographical area.

Funny thing is that in one of the cases where two mapfiles cover the same
area a label for a line works ok in  mapfile A but not in mapfile B despite
the fact that the label code for one particular line feature is identical in
the two mapfiles.

I have traced this to OFFSET. OFFSET 3 99 works in mapfile A but gives Error
500 Internal Server Error in mapfile B. On the other hand OFFSET 1 99 and -2
99 works fine in mapfile B.

The two mapfiles use different epsg and have different scale levels and as
far as I can see that is the only thing that differs.

I can contribute with more data if anyone will dig into this.

       LABEL
        TEXT       "[text]"
        COLOR      0 0 255
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255