[mapserver-users] WMS T time series data support

Sushrut Shivaswamy sushrut.shivaswamy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 01:48:39 PST 2017

Hey,

I created a WMS-T layer from a time series image mosaic as follows.

   - Ran gdaltindex on the tiff files to generate the index shapefle called
   index.shp.
   - I edited the index.shp file in QGIS and added another column called
   "timeWater" and added the time value in YYYY-MM-DD format next to each
   location entry.
   - I added this layer to the mapfie as follows.

*LAYERNAME "Inundation"  TYPE RASTER  STATUS ON  DEBUG ON  PROJECTION
"init=epsg:4326"  END  METADATA    "wms_title" "INUN_WMS_T"    "wms_srs"
"EPSG:4326"    "wms_extent" "67.6 7.34 97.7 38.74"    "wms_timeextent"
"2015-12-01/2015-12-03"    "wms_timeitem" "timeWater" #timeWater is a
column in the index shapefile specifying time value for each tiff image
"wms_timedefault" "2015-12-03"    "wms_timeformat" "YYYY-MM-DD"  END
#TILEITEM "location" #filepath is a column in postgis table with varchar of
the filepath to each image  TILEINDEX "index"  #index is the name of the
shape file generated with gdaltindex  FILTER (`[timeWater]` =
`2015-12-03`)CLASS  #class to show the image in red      STYLE        COLOR
236 0 0      END # STYLE    END # CLASSEND*

The TILEINDEX property is set to "index" which is the name of the index
shapefile haveing the path and time in its columns.
The paths to the TIFF files are in the "location" column.
The time field is in the column "timeWater".

The *GetCapabilities* request now shows my layer with a
*<Dimension></Dimension>* field in it so I assume it has been published
properly as a layer.
Despite this when I make a GetMap request to this layer I get a blank image
in png format and a black image in jpeg format.

I*s the TILEINDEX property in the map file the name of the shape file or
the name of a PostGIS table?*

Any idea on what could be wrong?

Note: The paths mentioned in the index shapefile are correct and relative
to the map file.
          The index shapefile has also been placed in the same directory as
the .map file.

Regards,
Sushrut Shivaswamy