[mapserver-users] Missing php_mapscript.so

Jill Hinchliffe jill at ausvet.com.au
Tue Jan 17 20:37:25 PST 2017

Hello,

I have been trying for about a week now to install MapServer on my Mac.  I
have used Kyng Chaos' installs and despite some of them being broken (if
you install all his latest packages you will get an error and have to
install one archive package - he has no way to contact him so I haven't
been able to advise him of this) I managed to get everything installed
except for the php_mapscript.so file being missing and in fact the whole
php directory is missing.  I was given no option to install with PHP when
installing his packages so I'm assuming this is where the issue is.
Searching on the net has not located an easy fix for this (eg, a
php_mapscript.so file that I could add myself).

Any help appreciated.  Apologies for the newbie message but I don't really
want to waste another week (new to Mac and new to MapServer).

Cheers

Jill