[mapserver-users] Unexpected result from overlapping images in tile index

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Jan 19 10:24:16 PST 2017

Right, you can not rely on the tileindex from doing anything more than
say these are the objects that intersect with your bbox.

There are no specific controls over how the objects interact other than
items are draw in the order they are found in the data sources. This is
why sorting efected your example.

Explicitly burning NODATA or mask bands is the right way to control the
images if your need that.

-Steve W