[mapserver-users] Using OGL rendering instead of AGG

ramchandra ram.chandra at vizexperts.com
Tue Jul 25 04:14:18 PDT 2017

Hi All,
     I am trying to color classify a DEM by adding multiple styles to the
layer entry in the map file using the PIXEL value as the EXPRESSION. I am
trying to speedup the rendering of the styled layer. I tried using the
Hardware accelerated rendering through OpenGL. I have added the cmake flags
so that OpenGL binaries are loaded when building Mapserver.
I also made changes in the source code to enable the OGL Rendering by
setting the MACRO #USE_OGL to 1. I have also changed my OUTPUTFORMAT as
follows to trigger opengl rendering.
OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "OGL_PNG24"
    DRIVER "OGL/PNG"
    IMAGEMODE RGB
  END # OUTPUTFORMAT
In-spite of doing all these when i am sending the request it appends a new
OUTPUTFORMAT object with AGG Driver as follows.
OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "png"
    MIMETYPE "image/png"
    DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
    EXTENSION "png"
    IMAGEMODE RGB
    TRANSPARENT FALSE
  END # OUTPUTFORMAT

It also changes my OGL OUTPUTFORMAT by adding the additional fields MIMETYPE
and EXTENSION.
  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "OGL_PNG24"
    MIMETYPE "image/png; mode=24bit"
    DRIVER "OGL/PNG"
    EXTENSION "png"
    IMAGEMODE RGB
    TRANSPARENT FALSE
  END # OUTPUTFORMAT

When I debug the code I see an error when the OGL output format block is
parsed.
The error says "OGL_PNG24 driver is not configured".
Can anyone point out what might me causing this error or how to enable
OpenGL based rendering.

Regards,
Ram