[mapserver-users] how remove the geometry from wfs response

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Jun 16 03:25:50 PDT 2017

On jeudi 15 juin 2017 20:22:04 CEST Andrea Peri wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to force the remove from the wfs response of the geometry . I need
> to avoid that the users could take the geometry and allow only the
> alphanumeric attributes.
> Is this allowed from mapserver ?

Andrea,

Digging into the code, I found that setting in the LAYER.METADATA

    "gml_geometries"    "none"

will do the job.

This trick is used internally in particular to implement GetPropertyValue. But digging into
history, I actually see it was done on purpose for GetFeature as well per
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/1718

It is just that the documentation for it in is missing in
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html . Doesn't seem to be tested in the regression suite
as far as I can see, so lucky it still works.

Note: this trick will only work for MapServer integrated GML output. OGR outputformat
doesn't honour this setting.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com