[mapserver-users] Multi template

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Mon May 1 13:01:02 PDT 2017

FORMATOPTION "FILE=...." defines the actual MapServer template to use so it's required.

FORMATOPTION 'ATTACHMENT=...'  sets an HTTP header value that effectively names the file being returned. That's useful when folks save the response to a file otherwise you see long names like "mapserver?my.map&...". It's not required and is more of a convenience configuration option for your users.

With the mapserv CGI you change template with the qformat parameter. For example, "http://yoursite.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=my.map&mode=nquery&mapext=...&qformat=json" would use whatever format is named "json". Just switch that value to get another format.

For WMS I believe you have to pass the mime-type using the FORMAT parameter. WFS probably supports something similar...

Steve