[mapserver-users] Default GeoTIFF imagemode in WCS 2.0.1

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed May 3 06:12:10 PDT 2017

Hi,

Documentation http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wcs_server.html claims that the default value of "wcs_imagemode" is FLOAT32:

If no default and specific values are given for the interval or significant figures metadata field, the a default is generated from the "imagemode" field, which itself defaults to FLOAT32.

I have been playing a bit with 4 band RGB-NIR images and after some tests and thinking I have now a feeling that Mapserver does not behave as documented. With no self-written outputformat it looks like the image/tiff is using IMAGEMODE RGB, and also that setting the "wcs_imagemode" in metadata has no effect at all.  See https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/5415 for more details.

If there happens to be just some small typo in the code it would be nice to get is fixed before Mapserver 7.0.5 release.

-Jukka Rahkonen-