[mapserver-users] php mapscript problem

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 07:41:33 PST 2017

Sven,
I haven't worked with Mapscript and IIS. However, I always free the map before unsetting it on PHP
$oMap->free();unset($oMap);

Why don't you try this and see what happens

    On Friday, November 24, 2017, 9:04:16 AM CST, Sven Schroeter <schroeter at netgis.de> wrote:

 Hi,

I write many mapfiles from an application to the file system under Windows
and IIS.
Another script loads this mapfiles and checks if it is the right syntax.
If there is an syntax error in the mapfile I'll get an exeption:

try {
    $oMap = ms_newMapobj($mymapfile);
} catch (Exception $e) {
    echo '<strong>Exception:</strong> ',  $e->getMessage(), "\n";
    exit;
}

But after I opened the mapfile with newMapobj I can't delete (with unlink)
or update the file because of a permission denied warnings.
How can I unset the loaded mapfile? Everything I tried did not work.
Or is there another way to check the syntax of a mapfile (with includes)?

Thanks Sven