[mapserver-users] map server error message loadSymbol(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (GAP):(line33)

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Sep 15 05:44:26 PDT 2017

Hi,

When I say "GAP" I mean "GAP". You have that in the "railway" symbol.

SYMBOL
    NAME 'railway'
    TYPE TRUETYPE
    FONT 'Tahoma'
    CHARACTER '|'
    GAP 10
  END

There are better experts on this list but I guess that GAP should not be there http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/symbol.html.
I can read from http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/style.html#style a sentence "New in version 6.0: moved from SYMBOL"

I would read migration info from 5.x -> 6.0. Perhaps there is explained what to do with "GAP" that used to be inside SYMBOL. First aid is to comment out that line. Then you should see your map or at least go further to the next error.

-Jukka Rahkonen-