[mapserver-users] Capture all runtime substitution variables in template

Peter Schmitt pschmitt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:40:06 PDT 2017

Hi,

The documentation on templates says that my template can access variables
like "[post or get variable name], [post or get variable name_esc]".
http://mapserver.org/mapfile/template.html

So if my layer is defined with a runtime substitution variable image_id as
follows:

        LAYER
                NAME layer_1
                DATA "/vsis3/bucket/%image_id%.tif"
                VALIDATION
                        'image_id' "^[0-9A-F]{16}$"
                        'default_image_id' "not-available"
                END
                TYPE RASTER
        END

then my template can output [image_id].  This is very handy.  Is there a
template variable to capture all variables?  That is, if I make a request:

http://localhost/mapserv?MAP=/mapfiles/foo.map&image_id=D0A001D2734FAE00&auth_id=foobarbaz&MODE=browse

I'd like a template variable something like [variables] to return all
variables not understood by WMS/WFS, so [variables] =
"image_id=D0A001D2734FAE00&auth_id=foobarbaz"?

I do realize that my template could have both [image_id] and [auth_id], but
I'm considering an application that may have many different types of
variables passed in where I don't know in advance every possible custom
variable when I write my template. Perhaps some of the querystring
arguments (for example: auth_id) are parsed upstream by a proxy for
authentication prior to being handled by Mapserver.

Thanks!
Pete