[mapserver-users] php-mapscript installation in Linux

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Sep 27 09:03:22 PDT 2017

On 27/09/17 16:51, Stathis Arapostathis wrote:
>  I am running Apache2 server along with MapServer in an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
> However, while I am trying to load an application I am receiving an
> error message which according to the log file is the following:
>
> /"PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib/php/20131226/php_mapscript.so' -
> /usr/lib/php/20131226/php_mapscript.so: cannot open shared"/
>
> As I understand my application requires the php-mapscript package to be
> installed, right?
>
> Could anyone help on how could I install that package and make it
> "recognizable" in Apache2 and MapServer?
>
> PS: I had found a package in prior and installed it with the sudo gdebi
> command (as it was a single .deb file and not in a repository) but it
> seems that something is missing regarding the proper installation.

Starting point is to ensure that the php_mapscript.so was complied for
the same version of PHP you are running. With the php extensions, the
static components need to match. 20131226 suggests quite an old php build!

My next step would be to check php can actually see the .so file, but
properly compiled extensions should already be in the right place.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL