[mapserver-users] Dynamic Styling (NOT SLD)

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Apr 18 13:30:03 PDT 2018

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has played around with the idea of using dynamic styling via the MapServer CGI (or possibly with OGC calls)

I’m thinking about how I might make a style control from a mapfile/layer somehow discoverable via a CGI call in order in order to build a form to send in  a styling change from the client.  Easy stuff at first, maybe color changes and line width changes.  Maybe a MapServer parameter (is available)  to export the current style settings to layer name bindings??  Probably doable with MapScript I would guess. . .

Any thoughts?

Thanks

bobb

"Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.”
-  Abraham Lincoln