[mapserver-users] MapServer on Centos 7

Michael Smith michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:10:39 PDT 2018

We (US Army Corps as well as the other federal agencies I work with, US Army and NGA) use MapServer 7.x on both RHEL 7 and Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 (binary compatible with Centos 7) and have no issues. It’s a very stable platform for us. We run in STIG-ified Apache 2 web server without issue. You can certainly send this to any ISP.

Note that we compile and deploy on separate on separate boxes so we only have the devel packages and compilers on one and then the generated binaries and depending libs on a separate box.

Mike

--
Michael Smith
Remote Sensing/GIS Center