[mapserver-users] Obtaining range values from GDAL stats

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:59:03 PDT 2018

Hello,

Is it possible to scale a raster based on min and max values determined on
a per-file basis, rather than a per-layer or per-WMS-request basis? I have
a layer that reads data from one of many possible GeoTIFFs, depending on
variables that are provided as query-string parameters. Each file has
different ranges of values, so I can't manually specify a scaling range
with PROCESSING "SCALE_1=200,400" or the like. But if I use PROCESSING
"SCALE=AUTO" then a range is determined for each request, which produces
discontinuities when clients generated tiled requests.

Is it possible for MapServer to load raster min and max values from
statistics written by GDAL to raster metadata, or is there some other way
to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Dan