[mapserver-users] PHP MapScript queryByPoint fails successive query.

Moen, Paul T. pmoen at nd.gov
Thu Dec 13 08:32:44 PST 2018

I am trying to query a raster at 2 points in a single php file using php mapscript.

  1.  I create a map object.
  2.  I get a layer object from my raster
  3.  I create 2 point objects.
  4.  I query the raster layer object with queryByPoint using point 1 and it is successful, except that it gives me 4 results even though I pass in MS_SINGLE.
  5.  I query the raster layer object a second time using queryByPoint with the second point object I created and the query fails.

My questions:
Shouldn’t this be possible? If so, what am I doing wrong?
Why are 4 points returned when I pass in MS_SINGLE?

I have tried using MapScript 7.2.1, 6.4.4 and 7.0.7 with the same results.

MapScript

MapServer Version => MapServer version 7.2.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=PBF INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

PHP MapScript Version => ($Revision$ $Date$)

MapScript

MapServer Version => MapServer version 7.0.7 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
PHP MapScript Version => ($Revision$ $Date$)

MapScript

MapServer Version => MapServer version 6.4.4 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
PHP MapScript Version => ($Revision$ $Date$)

The code I am using is below.  I have set up a test script and sample data here http://swc.nd.gov:8000/_Usd8Y3s4N9pgkR.
                The test can be run using php query.php 1 for the fail case. Running php query.php 2 is my work around using 2 map objects.

$map = new mapObj($path."/simple.map");
$qlay = $map->getLayerByName("qLayer");
$pq = ms_newPointObj();
$pq->setXY(567231,5086977); // 1298.609
$pq2 = ms_newPointObj();
$pq2->setXY(566445,5086590); // 1304.3274
$rastquery=$qlay->queryByPoint($pq,MS_SINGLE,1);
if($rastquery == MS_SUCCESS){
                error_log("Number of results from 1st query: ".$qlay->getNumResults()."\nShouldn't there be only 1 result since MS_SINGLE is passed?");
                if($qlay->getNumResults()>0){
                                $qlay->open();
                                for ($i=0; $i < $qlay->getNumResults(); $i++) {
                                                $rasresult = $qlay->getResult($i);
                                                if($rasresult === FALSE){
                                                                error_log('No result '.$i);
                                                } else {
                                                                $rasshptemp = $qlay->getShape($rasresult);
                                                                error_log("Result $i = ".$rasshptemp->values['value_0']);

                                                }
                                }

                }
} else {
                error_log('1st query failed');
}

$rastquery=$qlay->queryByPoint($pq2,MS_SINGLE,1);
if($rastquery == MS_SUCCESS){
                error_log("Number of results from 1st query: ".$qlay->getNumResults()."\nShouldn't there be only 1 result since MS_SINGLE is passed?");
                if($qlay->getNumResults()>0){
                                // error_log("In rastquery");
                                $qlay->open();
                                for ($i=0; $i < $qlay->getNumResults(); $i++) {
                                                $rasresult = $qlay->getResult($i);
                                                if($rasresult === FALSE){
                                                                error_log('No result'.$i);
                                                } else {
                                                                $rasshptemp = $qlay->getShape($rasresult);
                                                                error_log("Result $i = ".$rasshptemp->values['value_0']);

                                                }
                                }
                }
} else {
                error_log('2nd query failed!');
}
break;

Results

php query.php 1

Number of results from 1st query: 4

Shouldn't there be only 1 result since MS_SINGLE is passed?

Result 0 = 1298.5105

Result 1 = 1298.5105

Result 2 = 1298.5105

Result 3 = 1298.5105

[Thu Dec 13 10:17:07 2018].185483 msQueryByPoint(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.

PHP Warning:  layerObj::queryByPoint(): [MapServer Error]: msQueryByPoint(): No matching record(s) found.

 in /Volumes/Data/WebServer/fris/php/test/query.php on line 36

2nd query failed!

Any hints or help would be appreciated,

Paul