[mapserver-users] mapcache 1.6 with MapServer 7.07 - configuration problem ?

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Wed Feb 28 09:02:47 PST 2018

Hi all,

I have build and installed mapcache v 1.6.0 on an Ubuntu 14.04 server to sue
with MapServer version 7.0.7.
I got the test data to render via mapcache but afield so far to render a
MapServer layer I had already running on a local MS4W installation. The
Ubuntu based demo is at http://terra9.terragis.net/mapcache/demo/wms
I tried to set up verbose debugging and also tried seeding but both did not
give me good tiles nor any error output.
The seeding process ( I used an adapted version of the command that worked
on my windows box like this:

/usr/local/bin/mapcache_seed -c
/var/www/mapdata/mapcache/mapcache_server.xml -t luftbilder_mech_tiles -g
GoogleMapsCompatible -e 726209,6535935,755143,6562556 -z 1,2 -n 4 -M 8,8

This seeding did render empty tiles (when I set the
<errors>empty_img</errors> tag in the mapcache config).
I could not get any error message so far and am stuck how to debug/fix my
configuration. Any ideas what I can do ?

Cheers
Karsten

Karsten Vennemann
Terra GIS