[mapserver-users] Getting LABELs as strings from MapServer

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 03:16:09 PST 2018

Hi list,

I'm trying to get the TEXT (of a CLASS, or LABEL) fro a feature from MapServer in a text format.
WFS services (as GML/GeoJSON etc.) can only return the attributes of the source data. I've looked at templating and all available CGI parameters but none of these seem to be able to access a feature's label as a string. Rendering features as KML looked like it could be an option, but whenever a LABEL and TEXT is set no KML is generated (on Windows).
Am I missing something, or is this a MapScript only solution?

Regards,

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk