[mapserver-users] WMS DescribeLayer: MapServer requires WIDTH and HEIGHT params?

Edward Mac Gillavry emacgillavry at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 14:46:34 PDT 2018

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for pointing me to the Demo MapServer. That instance works as expected without the WIDTH and HEIGHT params. We're seeing the erroneous behaviour on both a MapServer 7.0.4 and a MapServer 7.0.7 instance. Don't see anything in the release notes / changelogs that would indicate changes to that part of the code either...

Tried http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wms?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=DescribeLayer&layers=country_bounds&SLD_version=1.1.0 as well just to see whether vector or raster makes a difference, but the Demo MapServer behaves alright.

>From https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/1157 I learned that I should be adding the "ows_onlineresource" keyword to the metadata section. Will report back if that resolves the issue...

Cheers,

Edward