[mapserver-users] Using a CRS not indexed by the IOGP

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Mon Nov 12 08:33:04 PST 2018

Dear all,

I am developing a WMS with layers defined in a CRS that is not indexed by the IOGP. This CRS is defined within a specific PROJ namespace (e.g. init=namespace:001, just like others.extra or esri.extra) and is used correctly both by PROJ and GDAL. However, if I add this namescape to the "wms_srs" parameter in the mapfile, any request will be met with the following error message:

msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Unsupported SRS namespace (only EPSG and AUTO currently supported).

I find this strange, is it only possible to use the CRSs indexed by the IOGP? Is there any way to convince MapServer to accept any other namespaces available in the PROJ database?

I am awere I may create a fake IOGP index, but this is likely to create a good deal of confusion among users. I would rather make it clear this is a specific CRS.

Thank you.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Bowlespark 8
Email: luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
RingID: ring:7ca91d83f4f9dec82fec9f1144b8e5c1ef2a110c