[mapserver-users] CONNECTIONTYPE OGR is not working after upgrade to mapserver 7.2.2 from 6.4.1

lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Thu Apr 4 03:12:11 PDT 2019

Have You tried: CONFIG "CPL_DEBUG" "ON"

/Lars Schylberg

April 4, 2019 11:23 AM, "Lars Fricke" <lars.fricke at skendata.de (mailto:lars.fricke at skendata.de?to=%22Lars%20Fricke%22%20<lars.fricke at skendata.de>)> wrote:
 Hello,

First of all: thank you for your time!

I have been running into a strange problem lately. We have a server running mapserver 6.4.1 (Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 jessie) that is accessing a remote WFS as client without any problems.
We have another (local development) server that has been upgraded to mapserver 7.2.2 (Ubuntu 18.04 bionic) and that can no longer access the WFS. Everything was fine with the older versions on that server, too (not certain if the mapserver upgrade happened at the same time as the Ubuntu upgrade).

The error received is:
msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. GetLayer(LAYER_NAME) failed for OGR connection. Check logs.

The logs are not giving me any further information. Even I put debug level to 5 already. Also apache log is not giving me any clue, there is no error. Other layers on the same server open fine, as long a they do not need OGR. So I assume it is not a connection issue.
ogrinfo however can access the external WFS fine from the terminal.

Configuration:
Mapserver 7.2.2
gdal-bin 2.4.0+dfsg-1~bionic0 (from UbuntuGIS - unstable repo)
Ubuntu 18.04 bionic

I also have NextGIS repository activated but it does not seem that gdal/ogr is installed from there.

mapserv -v shows:
MapServer version 7.2.2 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=SVG_SYMBOLS SUPPORTS=RSVG SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=PBF INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I have also checkt $Path:
/home/lars/bin /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin /sbin /bin /usr/games /usr/local/games /snap/bin

I am not certain, if that is correct but ogr seems to be in /usr/bin so I'd expect it's available for mapserver, too.
gdalinfo --formats does not show WFS, if that is the problem, where do I get gdal with WFS enabled?

The mapfile is the same on both servers (relevant code only):
LAYER
NAME "TEST"
TYPE Point
UNITS METERS
CONNECTION "http://XXX&VERSION=1.1.0&SERVICE=WFS" (http://XXX&VERSION=1.1.0&SERVICE=WFS)
CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
STATUS ON
DEBUG ON
DEBUG 5
DATA "LAYER_NAME"
METADATA
"wfs_version" "1.1.0"
"wfs_title" "TEST"
"wfs_connectiontimeout" "300"
"wfs_typename" "Test_int"
"wfs_maxfeatures" "500"
"gml_include_items" "all"
#"wfs_srs" "epsg:25832"
"gml_featureid" "ID"
"wfs_enable_request" "*"
END # METADATA
PROJECTION
"init=epsg:25832"
END # PROJECTION
CLASS
NAME "Testlayer"
STYLE
COLOR 190 87 66
OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
SIZE 4
SYMBOL "circle_filled"
END # STYLE
END # CLASS
END # LAYER

I'd really appreciate any help where to look further. I have been at this for a few days already. I tried to give as much information as possible, if something important is missing, please let me know.

Thanks again for your time!

Best

Lars

SkenData GmbH