[mapserver-users] CONNECTIONTYPE OGR is not working after upgrade to mapserver 7.2.2 from 6.4.1

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Apr 4 10:13:12 PDT 2019

Thanks for providing the response, which indeed states "only WFS 1.0.0
or 0.0.14".

I just followed the GDAL WFS driver page now, and locally was able to
generate a map image with a VERSION=1.1.0 request, with the following steps:

- (the following steps are adapted from the GDAL WFS driver page
https://gdal.org/drv_wfs.html )

- create a new file named "wfs-request.xml"

- paste the contents of:

   <OGRWFSDataSource>

<URL>http://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wfs?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.1.0&MAXFEATURES=1000</URL>
   </OGRWFSDataSource>

- (notice the escaped "&" as noted on the GDAL WFS driver page)

- make a copy of that file (copy/paste "wfs-request.xml" ) in case it is
overwritten by this process

- test this file/connection through the commandline:

     ogrinfo wfs-request.xml

- you should see a response listing the available layers:

	INFO: Open of `wfs-request.xml'
         	using driver `WFS' successful.
			1: continents
			2: cities

- now we know the name to use in our MapServer layer "DATA" parameter,
so in this case we will use "continents"

- edit your .map file and point your layer to that wfs-request.xml in
the CONNECTION, and set the correct DATA parameter from the ogrinfo
response above, such as:

	LAYER
	  NAME "continents-test"
	  TYPE POLYGON
	  STATUS ON
	  CONNECTION "wfs-request.xml"
	  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
	  DATA "continents"
	  PROJECTION
	    "init=epsg:4326"
	  END
	  CLASS
	    NAME "My Continents"
	    STYLE
	      COLOR 255 128 128
	      OUTLINECOLOR 96 96 96
	    END
	  END
	END # Layer

- (use my small mapfile for testing: https://pastebin.com/GYrXyc9A )

- now finally have MapServer generate a map image from that WFS version
1.1.0 connection, by testing at the commandline:

	shp2img -m wfs-110-client.map -o ttt.png -all_debug 5

- a file named 'ttt.png' should be generated of the map image, and at
the commandline the response should end with something like:

	msSaveImage(ttt.png) total time: 0.015s
	msFreeMap(): freeing map at 00228B70.
	freeLayer(): freeing layer at 001F1828.
	shp2img total time: 3.013s

*** tested with MS4W 4.0.0 (MapServer 7.4.0-dev, GDAL 2.4.0)

Hope that helps,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna