[mapserver-users] The GetFeature WFS Request fail if the layer is empty

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 04:29:41 PDT 2019

Hi,
I' notice that the GetFeature WFS request of a mapserver (i'm work using
master) return an error if the dataset (and so the layer) is empty.

I test using version 1.0.0, 1.1.1 and 2.00.

On 2.0.0 the result is:
http status 400
*The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect.*

On 1.1.0 and 1.0.0 the result is an xml exception with:
msWFSGetFeature(): WFS server error. ms_error->code not found

I Guess it should return not an exception or error, but instead an empty
GML or an Empty Shapefile and so on...

Before to build a test service of this issue, I like to know if this
instead is a confirmed specific characteristic of a wfs service.

Thx,

--
Andrea Peri