[mapserver-users] Map Server configuration in Ubuntu 18.04lts

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Thu Jan 24 01:08:39 PST 2019

 Hi Stathis,        please try mapserv -v at your terminal.
Also: you need to copy your installed mapserv to cgi-bin directory:  cp mapserv /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapservThen I think you need to create a Directory block in your apache config file that points to /usr/lib/cgi-binand then symlink again.
Try to restart you apache: sudo service apache2 restart
Stefanos
    Στις Πέμπτη, 24 Ιανουαρίου 2019, 12:46:37 π.μ. EET, ο χρήστης Stathis G. Arapostathis <e.arapostathis at gmail.com> έγραψε:

 Hi Stefanos,

I ran that command the link existed already. I deleted it and re-executed the command so the link is re created. But still when i type http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv I am receiving an error message that the url/mapserv was not found on this server

Any ideas or knowledge on what could be the problem?

Thank you
Stathis

Λήψη του BlueMail για Android Στις 23 Ιαν 2019 ,και ώρα 22:09 ,Stefanos Anastasiou <emperor_stef at yahoo.gr> έγραψε:
   HI Stathis,      I think you need to create a symlink between the installed mapserv and the the directory that points to cgi-bin in your webserver. Something like:   ln -s /usr/local/bin/mapserv /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mapserv.
   Regarding the installation you probably installed version 7.0.4 while the developers team have announced the release of 7.2 which supports php- mapscript for  php7.* now, which is cool. I haven't tried it in my machine yet.
   Stefanos
    Στις Τετάρτη, 23 Ιανουαρίου 2019, 9:19:45 μ.μ. EET, ο χρήστης Stathis G. Arapostathis <e.arapostathis at gmail.com> έγραψε:

     Hello all,

   I decided to change operating system and installed Ubuntu 18.04lts in an old computer I have.

   I successfully installed apache with a sudo command, I can see that is running by typing localhost in a browser.

   I also installed cgi-mapserver package with a sudo command however I am not sure that it is somehow connected to apache. Is there any certain configuration that needs to be done for having a mapserv url like in Windows when using the ms4w package? (Something like http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv ?)

   Thank you

mapserver-users mailing list
 mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org