[mapserver-users] PostGIS layer projection

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 04:04:32 PDT 2019

Hi Jeff,
thanks, yes I have read that.

But I also read that  "using srid= is optional but improves
performance" so there was a little chance that re-projection could be
done anyway if a different SRID is found on geometry.

If there is no further transformation, what difference "using srid="
does? What happens if SRID is not set on column and there are mixed
geoms' SRIDs.

I mean, where is CRS transformation done if request CRS != layer CRS
!= column CRS? I would expect calling directly PostGIS
ST_Transform(geom, request_srid), which would by pass
LAYER.PROJECTION.

Radim